Local Community Services Centers (CLSCs)
In Quebec, CLSCs are an integral part of the Health and Social Services Centers (CSSSs). They offer health and social services on their premises as well as in schools, at work and at home.
CLSC services include:
- routine health and social services (e.g. nursing care, blood tests, vaccinations, morning-after pills)
- preventive and medical services (medical consultations with or without an appointment)
- rehabilitation and reintegration services for the local community
- public health awareness, including prevention of sexually transmitted diseases and help in overcoming addiction
- social support and reintegration services
CLSC personnel work with other local establishments, such as educational institutions, hospitals, public health services and non-profit organizations.